If you’re looking for the perfect way to cook your burgers on a propane grill, look no further! This guide will show you how to grill your burgers to perfection, every time. For best results, start with high-quality ground beef that is at least 80% lean.
You’ll also want to make sure your grill is preheated to medium-high heat before you begin cooking. When it’s time to cook the burgers, be sure to use a light hand when pressing them into the grates – you don’t want them to be too thin or thick. Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through.
Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, about 375 degrees F
- To check the temperature, hold your hand about an inch above the grates
- If it’s too hot to keep your hand there, it’s ready to cook on! 3
- While the grill is preheating, shape your burgers
- You want them to be about ½-inch thick and four inches in diameter
- Make a small indentation in the center of each burger with your thumb—this will help them cook evenly and prevent them from puffing up in the middle as they grill
- Season both sides of the burgers with salt and pepper (or whatever spices you like), then place them on the grates over direct heat
- Grill for two to three minutes per side, or until they’re nice and browned with crisp edges all around
- Remove from grill and let rest for a few minutes before serving on buns with your favorite toppings
The Art of Grilling: How to Grill a Burger
How Long Do I Cook Burgers on a Propane Grill
Assuming you’re cooking regular burgers, you’ll want to cook them for about 10 minutes on a propane grill. If they’re thicker burgers, they may need a few more minutes. You can tell when they’re done by checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer – they should be cooked to 160 degrees F.
Nothing says summer like a juicy burger fresh off the grill. If you’re lucky enough to have a propane grill, you’re in for a treat. Grilling burgers on a propane grill is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Here’s how to do it: 1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. You’ll know it’s ready when you can hold your hand about an inch above the grates and feel the heat.
2. While the grill is preheating, shape your burgers into patties that are about ½-inch thick. Be sure to use ground beef that’s at least 80/20 so they’ll be nice and juicy. Season them with salt and pepper, or your favorite seasonings, before shaping them into patties.
3. When the grill is hot, place the burgers on the grates and cook for about two minutes per side, or until they’re browned and slightly charred around the edges. Don’t press down on them while they’re cooking! This will make them tough.
4. Once they’re cooked through, remove from the grill and serve immediately on buns with your favorite toppings (we love grilled onions, cheese, pickles, and BBQ sauce). Enjoy!