The Blackstone Griddle 22 is better than the Blackstone Griddle 17 due to its larger cooking surface and more versatile cooking options. With 120 square inches more cooking space, the Blackstone Griddle 22 allows for greater food capacity and the ability to cook for larger groups.
Offering four independently controlled burners, versus the two on the Blackstone Griddle 17, the Blackstone Griddle 22 provides more precise temperature control and the ability to cook different foods simultaneously. Additionally, the Blackstone Griddle 22 features a side shelf and rear grease management system, enhancing convenience and ease of use.
Overall, the Blackstone Griddle 22 offers superior capabilities and functionality compared to the Blackstone Griddle 17.
Blackstone Griddle 17 – Compact And Powerful
The Blackstone Griddle 17 is a compact and powerful option for outdoor cooking. But when comparing it to the Blackstone Griddle 22, it’s important to consider your specific needs and cooking preferences.
Compact Size And Portability
- The Blackstone Griddle 17 is known for its compact size and portability, making it a great option for those with limited outdoor space or who love to take their grilling adventures on the road.
- With its 17-inch cooking surface, this griddle offers just the right amount of space for small gatherings or intimate meals.
- Its lightweight design and built-in handles make it easy to transport, whether you’re heading to a tailgate party, camping trip, or simply want to move it around your backyard.
Heating Power And Cooking Capacity
- Despite its smaller size, the Blackstone Griddle 17 delivers impressive heating power and cooking capacity.
- Equipped with a single 12,000 BTU stainless steel burner, it is capable of reaching high temperatures quickly, ensuring even and efficient heat distribution across the cooking surface.
- The 260 square inches of cooking space allows you to prepare multiple dishes simultaneously, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Features And Specifications
- The Blackstone Griddle 17 is packed with features that enhance your grilling experience.
- Its durable cold-rolled steel griddle top with a powder-coated finish resists rust and provides a non-stick cooking surface.
- The built-in grease management system funnels grease into a removable and easy-to-clean grease cup.
- The integrated ignition system ensures hassle-free start-ups every time.
- With two independently adjustable heat zones, you have the flexibility to cook different foods at various temperatures simultaneously.
- The removable griddle top and foldable legs make cleaning and storage a breeze.
- Compact and portable design perfect for small spaces and on-the-go grilling.
- Powerful heating and ample cooking capacity for versatile cooking options.
- Durable and rust-resistant construction.
- Easy-to-clean with a convenient grease management system.
- Adjustable heat zones for precise cooking control.
- Limited cooking space compared to larger griddle models.
- May not be suitable for larger gatherings or cooking extensive meals.
The Blackstone Griddle 17 may be compact in size, but it doesn’t compromise on performance and features. Its portability and powerful heating make it a great choice for those who want to grill in smaller spaces or take their griddle on adventures.
With its durable construction and convenient features, it offers a versatile cooking experience. However, if you require more cooking space or frequently host larger gatherings, you may need to consider a larger griddle model.
Blackstone Griddle 22 – King Of Outdoor Cooking
Looking to upgrade your outdoor cooking game? The Blackstone Griddle 22 is the ultimate choice. With its larger size, it offers more cooking space and versatility compared to the Blackstone Griddle 17, making it the clear winner for outdoor enthusiasts.
If you’re a fan of outdoor cooking, then the Blackstone Griddle 22 is an absolute game-changer. With its larger size, enhanced heat distribution and control, and incredible versatility, it truly reigns supreme as the king of outdoor cooking equipment. Let’s take a closer look at why the Blackstone Griddle 22 is a cut above the rest.
Larger Cooking Surface Area:
- The Blackstone Griddle 22 boasts a generous cooking surface area of 470 square inches, providing ample space to cook for large groups or family gatherings.
- With such a spacious cooking surface, you’ll have more freedom to whip up multiple dishes simultaneously, making it perfect for hosting barbecue parties or feeding a hungry crowd at a tailgate.
Enhanced Heat Distribution And Control:
- Equipped with four independently controlled burners, the Blackstone Griddle 22 offers superior heat distribution and control.
- You can easily create different heat zones on the griddle, allowing you to cook a variety of foods at different temperatures simultaneously. Say goodbye to uneven cooking and hello to perfectly seared steaks, juicy burgers, and sizzling stir-fries.
Versatility And Cooking Options:
- From breakfast classics like pancakes, bacon, and eggs to lunch staples like grilled sandwiches and hotdogs, and even dinner favorites such as fajitas and stir-fried vegetables, the Blackstone Griddle 22 can handle it all.
- With the option to add on various accessories like a hood, grill box, or even a deep-fryer attachment, you can expand your culinary repertoire even further. The possibilities are truly endless with this versatile outdoor cooking station.
Pros And Cons:
- Large cooking surface area for cooking for large groups
- Enhanced heat distribution and control for even cooking
- Versatile and can handle a wide range of dishes
- Option to add on accessories for more cooking options
- The size may be too large for those with limited outdoor space or storage restrictions
- Requires a propane tank for fuel, which may need to be refilled regularly for frequent use
The Blackstone Griddle 22 is a true powerhouse when it comes to outdoor cooking. Its larger size, enhanced heat distribution and control, and versatility make it the perfect companion for any outdoor cooking enthusiast. Whether you’re looking to host a backyard barbecue or whip up a delicious camping meal, this griddle will undoubtedly deliver exceptional results.
So why settle for anything less when you can have the king of outdoor cooking right in your backyard?
Comparing The Features And Performance
Comparing the features and performance of the Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22, it’s crucial to consider your specific needs. The 17-inch is ideal for smaller spaces and portability, while the 22-inch offers a larger cooking surface.
When it comes to choosing between the Blackstone Griddle 17 and the Blackstone Griddle 22, it can be challenging to decide which one is better suited for your needs. In this section, we will compare the features and performance of both griddles to help you make an informed decision.
Let’s take a closer look:
Size And Dimensions
- Blackstone Griddle 17:
- The 17-inch griddle offers a compact design that is perfect for smaller outdoor spaces or for those who need a portable option.
- It measures 17.5 x 18 x 8.5 inches and weighs around 25 pounds.
- Despite its smaller size, it still provides ample cooking space for a small family or a gathering of friends.
- Blackstone Griddle 22:
- The 22-inch griddle is ideal for larger gatherings or cooking for a crowd.
- With its 22 x 19 x 9 inches dimensions and weighs approximately 42 pounds, it offers a spacious cooking surface.
Cooking Surface Area
- Blackstone Griddle 17:
- The 260 square inches cooking surface is sufficient for preparing multiple items simultaneously.
- You can cook around 12 burgers, 9 steaks, or 16 hot dogs in one go.
- Blackstone Griddle 22:
- Boasting a larger 330 square inches cooking surface, this griddle allows you to cook even more food at once.
- With this size, you can grill up to 16 burgers, 12 steaks, or 20 hot dogs simultaneously.
Heat Distribution And Control
- Blackstone Griddle 17:
- Equipped with a single H-shaped burner, this griddle provides consistent heat distribution across the cooking surface.
- The adjustable heat controls allow you to achieve precise temperature settings for various recipes.
- Blackstone Griddle 22:
- Similar to the 17-inch griddle, the 22-inch model also features a single H-shaped burner for even heat distribution.
- It offers fine-tuned heat controls that allow you to cook a wide range of meals with precision.
Build Quality And Durability
- Blackstone Griddle 17:
- Made with a powder-coated steel frame, this griddle is built to last and withstand outdoor conditions.
- The thick cold-rolled steel cooking surface ensures durability and excellent heat retention.
- Blackstone Griddle 22:
- Constructed with the same high-quality materials as the 17-inch griddle, the 22-inch model also ensures long-lasting durability.
- The thicker cooking surface helps to distribute heat evenly while providing excellent heat retention.
Portability And Storage Options
- Blackstone Griddle 17:
- Thanks to its compact size and lightweight design, the 17-inch griddle is highly portable.
- It is easy to transport for outdoor activities like camping, tailgating, or picnics.
- Blackstone Griddle 22:
- Although slightly bulkier due to its larger size, the 22-inch griddle still offers portability with foldable legs and wheels.
- This makes it easy to move around and store when not in use.
Both the Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22 have their advantages. If you are looking for a more compact and portable option with sufficient cooking space, the 17-inch griddle is a great choice. On the other hand, if you often cook for a larger group or need more room for various ingredients, the 22-inch griddle offers a spacious cooking surface.
Consider the size, cooking surface area, heat distribution and control, build quality, and portability/storage options when making your decision.
Choosing The Right Griddle For You
Choosing the right griddle between Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22 can be a tough decision. While the Blackstone Griddle 17 is compact and portable, the Blackstone Griddle 22 offers more cooking space. Ultimately, the choice depends on your specific needs and preferences.
Assessing Your Needs And Space Limitations:
- Consider the available space: Measure the area where you plan to place the griddle to ensure it fits perfectly.
- Evaluate your cooking needs: Determine the size of your typical cooking sessions, whether it’s for small family gatherings or larger parties.
- Assess your mobility requirements: If you plan to take the griddle for camping or tailgating, portability should be a prime factor.
Considering The Cooking Capacity And Versatility:
- Analyze the cooking surface area: The Blackstone Griddle 17 offers a 260 square inch cooking surface, while the Griddle 22 boasts a larger 330 square inch cooking surface.
- Assess the number of people you usually cook for: If you frequently entertain a large group, the Griddle 22 may be a better choice due to its larger cooking area.
- Evaluate the versatility of the griddle: Consider the types of food you intend to cook and whether you require additional space for side dishes or multiple ingredients.
Analyzing Your Budget And Investment Value:
- Compare the price points: The Blackstone Griddle 17 is generally more affordable compared to the Griddle 22.
- Consider long-term investment value: If you foresee yourself using the griddle frequently and want a larger cooking area, the Griddle 22 may provide better value over time.
- Weigh the cost against your cooking needs and frequency to make an informed decision.
Factoring In Accessories And Add-Ons:
- Evaluate additional accessories: Both griddles offer various add-ons like covers, spatulas, and a variety of cooking utensil options.
- Consider your individual needs: Assess the accessories that would enhance your cooking experience and if they are compatible with the chosen griddle.
- Factor in the cost of accessories: Keep in mind that investing in accessories can increase the overall cost, so compare prices and choose wisely.
When choosing between the Blackstone Griddle 17 and the Griddle 22, assess your needs and space limitations, consider the cooking capacity and versatility, analyze your budget and investment value, and factor in any necessary accessories. By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision that best suits your cooking style and requirements.
Tips And Tricks For Mastering The Griddles
If you’re debating between the Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22, these tips and tricks will help you make the right choice. Discover which griddle size is better suited for your cooking needs and master your outdoor cooking skills.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced griddler, mastering the art of cooking on a Blackstone griddle can take your outdoor cooking skills to the next level. From seasoning and maintaining the griddle to temperature control and heat management, cleaning and storing the griddle, and exploring different cooking techniques and recipes, we’ve got you covered with these helpful tips and tricks.
Let’s dive in!
Seasoning And Maintaining The Griddle:
- Prepping the Griddle**: Start by cleaning the griddle surface with a mixture of hot water and mild dish soap. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Seasoning the Griddle**: Apply a thin layer of cooking oil or seasoning spray on the griddle surface. Heat the griddle on high heat until it starts smoking, then lower the heat and let it cool down. Repeat this process 2-3 times to create a non-stick surface and protect the griddle from rust.
- Regular Maintenance**: After each use, scrape off any food residue using a grill scraper or spatula. Wipe the griddle with a damp cloth and a small amount of mild dish soap if necessary. Apply a light coating of oil before storing.
Temperature Control And Heat Management:
- Understanding Heat Zones**: Blackstone griddles have multiple heat zones, allowing for simultaneous cooking of different foods at different temperatures. Get familiar with the hot, warm, and cool zones on your griddle to achieve precise cooking results.
- Preheating the Griddle**: Preheat your griddle for 10-15 minutes on high heat before cooking. This ensures an even distribution of heat and prevents food from sticking.
- Adjusting the Heat**: Control the heat by adjusting the burner knobs. Start with high heat to sear and quickly cook your food, then adjust to lower heat settings for slower cooking or to keep food warm.
Cleaning And Storing The Griddle:
- Cleaning the Griddle**: While the griddle is still warm, scrape off any food residue with a grill scraper or spatula. Wipe the surface with a damp cloth or paper towel. For stubborn grease or residue, use a mixture of water and mild dish soap. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals that can damage the griddle.
- Seasoning After Cleaning**: After cleaning, apply a thin layer of oil to the griddle surface. This helps to maintain the non-stick coating and prevents rusting.
- Storing the Griddle**: Make sure the griddle is completely cool before storing. Cover it with a griddle cover or store it in a dry place to protect it from dust and moisture.
Cooking Techniques And Recipes:
- Smash Burgers**: Preheat the griddle on high heat and place the burger ball on the cooking surface. Use a spatula to smash it down, creating a thin patty. Season with salt and pepper, and let it cook for a few minutes on each side until it’s beautifully caramelized.
- Stir-Fry Delights**: Heat the griddle on high heat and add a drizzle of oil. Toss in your favorite vegetables, followed by thinly sliced meat or tofu. Keep stirring to evenly cook the ingredients and add sauces or seasonings for extra flavor.
- Griddle Pizza**: Roll out pizza dough and place it on a preheated griddle. Cook it until the bottom is crispy, then flip it over and add your favorite toppings. Cover the griddle to melt the cheese and cook the toppings thoroughly.
Mastering your Blackstone griddle is all about practice and experimenting with different techniques and recipes. Whether you’re craving juicy burgers, sizzling stir-fries, or crispy flatbreads, the versatility of these griddles can make it happen. So fire up your griddle and let your culinary creativity flow!
Real Customer Reviews And Experiences
Discover the real customer reviews and experiences for the Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22 models. Uncover which one is the better option for your outdoor cooking needs. Experience the insights and opinions of actual users to make an informed decision.
- Good ratings: Customers have given the Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22 positive reviews, with an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.
- Versatility: Many users appreciate the griddle’s ability to cook a wide range of foods, including breakfast staples, burgers, and even stir-fry dishes.
- Quick and even heating: Customers rave about how fast and evenly the griddles heat up, ensuring that their meals are cooked to perfection.
- Easy to clean: Users note that the griddles are a breeze to clean, thanks to the removable grease trap and the griddle top’s smooth surface.
- Sturdy construction: The griddles are built with durable materials, making them suitable for outdoor use and ensuring they can withstand the elements.
- Portable and compact: Customers love the compact design of both griddles, as it allows for easy storage and transportation.
- Family-friendly size: The Blackstone Griddle 17 is ideal for small families or gatherings, while the larger Blackstone Griddle 22 can handle larger groups or parties.
- Ignition system: Users appreciate the convenience of the griddle’s ignition button, which makes starting up a breeze.
Common Issues And Troubleshooting:
- Grease flare-ups: Some users have experienced grease flare-ups while cooking fatty foods. To prevent this, it is recommended to control the heat and ensure that the grease trap is properly positioned and not overflowing.
- Uneven heating: A few users have mentioned uneven heating spots on the griddle surface. To address this, it is suggested to preheat the griddle thoroughly and ensure proper heat distribution by using a heat-resistant spatula to spread oil across the surface before cooking.
- Ignition problems: A small number of customers have encountered issues with the ignition system not working consistently. This can often be resolved by checking the propane tank for adequate fuel levels and ensuring the ignition button is pressed firmly.
Long-Term Performance And Satisfaction:
- Durability: Many customers have reported that their Blackstone Griddles have held up well over time, even with regular use and exposure to the elements.
- Versatility: Users appreciate the griddles’ versatility, as they can be used for a wide range of cooking methods, from frying to grilling to sautéing.
- Low maintenance: Customers love the minimal maintenance required for the griddles, thanks to their straightforward design and easy-to-clean features.
- Overall satisfaction: Long-time users consistently express high levels of satisfaction with their Blackstone Griddles, often stating that it has become their go-to cooking appliance for outdoor meals.
Comparison With Other Griddle Brands:
- Superior heat distribution: Compared to some other griddle brands, Blackstone Griddles are known for their excellent heat distribution, providing evenly cooked meals every time.
- Affordable pricing: Many customers find Blackstone Griddles to be competitively priced, offering great value for their features and performance.
- Variety of sizes: Blackstone offers a range of griddle sizes, allowing users to choose the one that best suits their needs and cooking volume.
- Solid construction: Users often mention the sturdy build quality of Blackstone Griddles, recognizing them as durable and reliable cooking appliances.
Wrapping Up: Finding The Supreme Griddle
Comparing the Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22, both offer exceptional cooking experiences, but the 22-inch griddle is the better choice with its larger cooking surface and more versatile features. Embrace the supreme griddle experience with Blackstone’s 22-inch model.
If you’re torn between the Blackstone Griddle 17 and the Blackstone Griddle 22, fear not! We’ve analyzed the key differences and similarities to help you make an informed decision. Before we wrap up, let’s summarize what we’ve learned, discuss important factors to consider, and provide recommendations for getting the most out of your chosen griddle.
Summary Of Key Differences And Similarities
Here’s a breakdown of the key differences and similarities between these two popular Blackstone griddles:
- Size: The Blackstone Griddle 17 boasts a cooking surface of 17 inches, while the Blackstone Griddle 22 provides a larger cooking surface of 22 inches.
- Portability: Both griddles are relatively portable and can be easily transported for outdoor cooking adventures.
- Cooking Capacity: The Blackstone Griddle 22 offers more cooking space, making it ideal for larger gatherings or when cooking for a bigger crowd.
- Price: The Blackstone Griddle 17 tends to be more budget-friendly compared to its larger counterpart, the Blackstone Griddle 22.
- Versatility: Both griddles excel at cooking a wide range of foods, from breakfast favorites like pancakes and bacon to lunch and dinner staples like burgers and grilled veggies.
Factors To Consider Before Making A Decision
Before settling on the perfect Blackstone griddle for your needs, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Cooking Needs: Assess how often you’ll be using the griddle and the amount of food you typically cook. This will help determine the size that suits your requirements.
- Budget: Consider your budget and how much you’re willing to invest in a griddle. The Blackstone Griddle 17 offers affordability, while the Blackstone Griddle 22 provides a larger cooking area at a slightly higher price point.
- Portability: If you plan on taking your griddle on camping trips or to tailgating events, consider the ease of transporting each model.
- Storage Space: Evaluate the space you have available for storing your griddle. The Blackstone Griddle 17 is more compact and can be ideal for smaller storage areas.
Making The Most Out Of Your Chosen Griddle
To maximize your griddle experience, regardless of whether you opt for the Blackstone Griddle 17 or Blackstone Griddle 22, consider the following tips:
- Seasoning: Properly season your griddle before its first use and after each cooking session. This helps prevent food from sticking and enhances the flavor of your dishes.
- Cleaning: Regularly clean your griddle with a grill brush or scraper while it’s still warm. This makes for easier maintenance and prevents residue buildup.
- Experiment with Recipes: Get creative and try out various recipes beyond the usual burgers and pancakes. Explore new flavors, like stir-fry dishes or even desserts, to make the most of your griddle’s versatility.
- Accessories: Invest in accessories such as a griddle cover, spatulas, and a grease management system to enhance your cooking experience and prolong the life of your griddle.
With these considerations in mind, you’re now equipped to make an informed decision and choose the Blackstone griddle that best meets your cooking needs and preferences. Happy griddling!
Frequently Asked Questions Of Blackstone Griddle 17 Vs. 22 – Which Is Better?
What Is The Difference Between The Blackstone Griddle 17 And 22?
The main difference between the Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22 is the cooking surface size. The 17 model has a 17-inch griddle while the 22 model has a 22-inch griddle. This means that the 22 model offers a larger cooking area, allowing you to cook more food at once.
Which Blackstone Griddle Size Is Better For A Small Family?
If you have a small family, the Blackstone Griddle 17 is an excellent choice. Its 17-inch cooking surface provides enough space to cook for a few people without wasting excess griddle space. This size is practical and efficient for smaller servings.
Can I Cook For A Large Group With The Blackstone Griddle 17?
While the Blackstone Griddle 17 is primarily designed for smaller families or individual use, it can still cook for a larger group. However, if you frequently cook for a large number of people, the Blackstone Griddle 22 may be a better option due to its larger cooking surface.
Does The Blackstone Griddle 22 Consume More Fuel Than The 17?
Both the Blackstone Griddle 17 and 22 use the same amount of fuel. The size of the griddle surface does not affect the fuel consumption. The cooking temperature and duration, as well as weather conditions, may impact fuel usage, but the griddle size itself does not play a significant role.
When deciding between the Blackstone Griddle 17 and the Blackstone Griddle 22, it ultimately comes down to personal preference and specific cooking needs. Both griddles have their own unique features and advantages. The Blackstone Griddle 17 is perfect for small families or individuals who enjoy cooking outdoors but have limited space.
Its smaller size makes it easier to transport and store without compromising on cooking surface quality. On the other hand, the Blackstone Griddle 22 provides a larger cooking surface, making it ideal for larger families, gatherings, or those who love hosting outdoor parties.
Its spacious design allows for more versatility in cooking styles and the ability to cook multiple dishes simultaneously. Whichever option you choose, both griddles offer exceptional durability, portability, and ease of use. So, it’s important to carefully consider your specific cooking needs before making a decision.